Towards the end of September I finally got Jordan and Amol to hike Timp with me! We started around 1 in the afternoon and made excellent time! We had to take a couple breaks on the way up (like 5 min breaks to eat a snack) but we still made it to the summit in just over 4 hours. Then we made it down in about 3.5! So all in all we killed this 18 mile beastly hike in just under 8 hours total! Booya!
 I won't lie hiking with Jordan and Amol was probably my funnest adventure up there, but it was also the hardest. Since the weather was considerably colder my muscles never completely loosened up in my legs and my nose ran continually... and I forgot tissue. NEVER FORGETTING TISSUE AGAIN! Seriously... my sweatshirt sleeves were soooo gross by the end of it!

The top was especially cold freezing even my reward starbursts in my pockets. Luckily there was this random man and his 10 year old daughter hiking at about the same speed and he was sweet enough to lend me his gloves for the way back down to the saddle where we parted ways. Seriously it helped so much up there!

 A view looking towards Heber. Also with a bit of the little house! And yes I put my name BACK on it since it was long gone from last year!


We saw lots of billy goats. A whole family of like 4 adults and a baby on our way up to the saddle and this guy was like right on the trail at the summit.. so seriously we had to walk RIGHT by him... I could have pet him I was so close... Luckily he just stood there and let us walk by.. even posed for a lot of pictures, but man we were worried he was going to buck us off the mountain top!
 Earlier in the day, this is probably about 1/3 of the way up!
 At the very top with Provo behind me! Only 11,752 ft above Sea Level... Ya I'm cool :] haha

 Above: Picture at the saddle. We were all smiling then but Amol and Jordan stopped and turned around 15 min from the Summit! Ahh they should've come.. in all fairness it's a tad scary being that high up especially with some of the sketchy trail parts between the saddle and summit..


Right: Here I am pointing down at Orem, my new home :D
 This is down in the meadow. We were a little concerned about it getting dark on us before we got down so most of these pictures are from the way up.. We booked it down haha.

We only were in the dark for 45 min to an hour though, so not too bad. It just sucks that the last part of the trail is completely tree covered so when it gets dark.. it's dark. haha
 Right: the Sketchy part of the trail I mentioned. You kind of switch back up this part but with all the lose rock.. it's a little scary.

 Above: emerald lake... still have never actually hiked to it but I sure do enjoy looking down on it!



Left: Still another picture of me freezing up at the summit!


Below: A whole bunch of panoramics!

Left: lastly on the way down I just always get my breath taken away at this spot. like ALWAYS. I just love the valley and how we are the only people for miles and miles. It's an incredible feeling.

Definitely will continue to do this hike at least once a year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park