So I have a lot of catching up to do! So let's see how this goes! I'll try to post a couple a day until I'm fully caught up.

For my birthday... July 13th haha Skyle (boy friend at the time) took me to Arches! Awesome! We drove down Friday night and attempted sleeping under the stars in the back of his truck. It was perfect for about an hour but then storm clouds started rolling in and chased us into the tent... Where it was windy and sprinkled a bit the rest of the night, it was insanely hot in the tent.. so not all that great of sleep for us.. Ah well.
 So starting off early Saturday morning we packed up camp and headed into Arches. We did the Dark Angel loop first which has tons of great Arches on it. We did the whole trail all the way to Double O Arch which was cool.. but my favorite was Navajo Arch because it had an Arch and then a window right next to it.

Then we took a break for lunch at my favorite Diner! :] Happy girl!
 When we got back from lunch we made the trek up to Delicate Arch which I also had never done before. It was the hottest part of the day and I stumbled along for most of the hike... Probably one the hardest things I've done. Definitely worth it though! Delicate Arch up close was amazing!
 Then on to see the MASSIVE Arches in the beginning of the park. There's the North and South Windows. The south window is the above picture. And Turret Arch.


I love being able to look off at the landscape or the sky on the other side of the Arch. It's very much like looking through a looking glass!
 Me in front of Landscape Arch at the beginning of the Dark Angel loop. This may not be here too much longer since it is so thin so I'm glad I got to see it!
 I had to force him to take pictures with me :P

 This is the window next to the Navajo Arch. Seriously I just loved it!


 And my favorite Arch of all time is the double Arch in the beginning of the park. It is just massive, the biggest Arch in the park and the way it creates shading and echoes.. I mean walking under it is like walking into a cathedral of some sorts. It really is just humbling and amazing.
 This is almost to Double O Arch... That was seriously way out of the way and it was cool... but I'm not sure I'd make that whole trip again.
 To top the trip off we hit Dead Horse Point on our way out! The view was incredible, almost just as good as looking out over the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.

So basically it was the Grand Canyon. haha So neat considering I'd never been here before!



Basically it was a great weekend trip! And since it was one of my view camping trips this Summer I definitely treasured it!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park