Whew! So you'll have to excuse this extremely large post... I just had a lot of photos from this weekend! We took the boys (Ollie and Monty) on their first ever camping trip down to Moab! We drove down Sunday morning and hiked Negro Bill Canyon as soon as we rolled into town. This is probably one of my favorite hikes in all of Utah and it's great for dogs! It is a little lengthy but it never gets to strenuous and you can have a lot of fun along the way! You go back into this canyon and I just loved the juxtaposition of all the green down by the creek next to all the red rock! So gorgeous!

I did mot of this hike in flip flops as well... so I offroaded into the creek several times and by the end of it Ollie was loving the water! So fun!

Lots of green next to the red rock again! Such a beautiful hike! I pretty much let Ollie roam since he was being a good listener but Monty I kept on an extra long leash so he didn't run off.
As if the hike wasn't gorgeous enough on its own, the end is a magnificent arch right up against the canyon wall! It's MASSIVE and even has a little spring underneath it. We hung out here a while relaxing and letting the dogs roam.

Again... we hiked quite a bit in the water.. just couldn't get enough!
Monty even did great in the water! Although he'd never venture in to the point where his head would get wet, he had no problem wading in to that point. I just picked him up when it got a little too deep for him.. which of course drenched me.

The arch off in the distance...
Ollie running in the water having a BLAST.
It's a crazy long arch and huge! Just so incredible.



Monty wanted to come hang out with us but it got deep right in front of the rock...



This is also right around the arch area. We spent some time enjoying the sand and exploring all the little paths. The boys LOVED it.
And I just loved how peaceful it all was!








We camped at the Moonflower Campground where I've ALWAYS wanted to camp since I first saw it! It's only 10 a night too which is great... bad part is you have to haul your gear back into the canyon quite a ways... Setting up camp wasn't our favorite and neither was having people walk by our campsite in order to go to the bathroom or get to their car. But it was beautiful!
Ollie to my surpise did not like camping as much as I thought he would... He kept hopping back in the car and not wanting to get out. He did ok though. Only barked once at night when going to bed and then in the morning as people we leaving the grounds and hauling their stuff by our tent.
Below: And there's the rock scramble at this campground that I finally got to do. Last time I was here I didn't have the upper body strength to make it up at all but I made it all the way to the first landing this time.

The next day we packed up camp and had time to do just one hike before driving back for Braden to work Monday night. So we did a short hike to Corona Arch. It's a little more steep and tough and it was hot! But a great hike and you can bring your dogs! Yay!

You can camp right next to the trail head and it switch backs up and even crosses this train tracks... which I think were awesome!!
You climb up lots of sandstone and use a small ladder and foot holes with a chain. It was a little tough getting Ollie up the foot holes as he didn't know where to put his feet at first and he slid all over the sand stone which was scary... But we made it up and amazingly enough down. There's actually Bowtie arch which is right next to Corona Arch and pretty cool as well! Two arches in one hike! Woot Woot!
The landscape itself is incredible and the arches are huge! Honestly I may never need to go into Arches national park again with all these great Arch hikes outside the parks where I can even bring my boys with me!
Gotta love the Cairn garden.. you kind of wish you had those at the beginning of the hike when it's not as clear where to go since you can't see the arch... or a clear trail.
I LOVE MOAB!

And of course one last family picture for the books. We had an amazing camping trip and even though we were a little tired when we got back, I'd do it all over again in a heart beat! Now to try a few more dog friendly hikes down in Moab. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park