For Braden's birthday (late birthday) this year I decided we should go to Disneyland since he'd never been before! We left on Sunday and drove down with 2 of his friends and got there in time do do a bit of shopping around Downtown Disney and watch the weekend fireworks.

Monday we got up bright and early and headed into the Magic Kingdom. We decided to pass on park hoppers (since theyre like 40 extra a day!) so we had just one day to do everything! And it was BUSY. Most likely due to celebrating Diamond Days for the 60th anniversary.
(check out how decked out the castle is behind us!)
Braden's three favorite rides were Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain. He even was the sacrificial lamb to get totally soaked in the front seat both times we rode Splash Mountain. Luckily we maximized our use of fast passes (although we may have needed another one for Space Mountain) we got to ride Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain twice at least! And we rode Star Tours 3 times and Haunted Mansion twice but everything else once. The only rides we missed that I'm a little sad about were Mister Toads wild ride and It's a Small World... (the classics) sigh.
We walked right on at the end of the day as our second to last ride... that is the time to ride Splash Mountain I'm telling ya what.
We got Tattouine twice in a row but luckily when we rode it the 3rd time got the snow planet! Bummed he never got to experience Naboo though since that's my favorite!

Yay! 60th anniversary madness!

And he liked Space Mountain alot... It always terrifies me no matter what so excuse my smiling but frightened face.
All in all a pretty successful first day!
We got Gumbo and clamb chowder in delicious bread bowls in New Orleans Square for lunch and a frozen lemonade later on.

I also had to recognize the occasion where I paid for disney tickets myself for the first time in my life. Thankfully I have amazing parents who have treated me to Disney numerous times and I think I prob may never go again without them. (not just for the military discounts but in general I love doing Disney with them!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park