Time for some wildlife! With the exception of a wide range of birds, kangaroos, fairy penguins!, and Ecidnas, I didn't see too many other animals outside of the animal park. SO here are the wildlife park photos!

The wallabies were cute but they weren't NEARLY as exciting and amazing as the kangaroos.. That's where I spent most of my time... Feeding and loving the kangaroos.
 This albino kangaroos in particular really loved me. And yes I did kiss him. I have no fear. :P He kept wanting to hug and nuzzle my arm which was seriously just adorable. (One of the few kangaroos who didn't just love me for my food. haha)

 Everytime I tried to pet anywhere else on him like his side or his ears, he'd reach around, grab my hand, and pull it back under his face. Seriously though. Adorable.

Kangaroos fun fact number1: They can have up to 3 joeys at once nursing. One out of the pouch, one in the pouch, and one still unborn. Not sure how they handle it, but it amazes me!

Also in this picture, this guys face reminds me of a cross between a rabbit and a donkey.. :P Such a cutie!
 Now this guy really did love me for my food... but I'm pretty sure he loved me for my pets as well.
 Fun fact about Kangaroos number 2: They LOVE getting their chests (between their two arms) rubbed. I would just rub him right between his too arm pits and he would stretch both of his front legs out really straight right in front. One of the funniest and cutest things I've ever seen!
 Not CUTE: Alert! These are dinosaur like food stealing creatures! And They are terrifying! Check out those red eyes!










Check out the huge Albino Kangaroo below. He's still no where near as large as the red kangaroos of the north get but standing up he was quite big. 

 Happiest moment of my whole trip? Playing with dingo puppies! There were four in total and I just paid the extra to go in their enclosure. I played with them and got super muddy since they like to dig in the dirt and swim in their tubs. They just all wanted kisses and love and at one point I was kneeling on the ground and all 4 of them swarmed me. I so wish I had a picture of them all licking me but most of my pictures were with this one I got a formal picture with. (what paying extra gets you. haha)
 This one seriously just constantly wanted to give me kisses but eventually I got him to sit on my lap. I was definitely a bit muddy after the experience but when I look back I think I smile the biggest remembering those dingo puppies.
 Another picture of me lovin on this kangaroo! See his arms? Haha he was loving it!
We ended one of my favorite days out at Phillip Island to see the Penguin Parade! We all sit and freeze on these bleechers as we watch hundreds of adorable little fairy penguins waddle up from the waves to their burrows in the grass. They usually travel in little groups and when they get spooked they try to move faster and that really is about as cute as it gets. After you've watched plenty cross the beach you can go stand up on the walking platforms and watch/ listen to them find their burrows and hide in the grass.

Unfortunately.. they don't let you take pictures during the parade so the best I've got is Laura and I wearing penguin hats in the gift shop... Not quite as adorable but I think we pull those hats off?!

~Amanda Rehak

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park