AHAHA! A million pictures of Melbourne now. ATTN: Only read this post if you have a love for old style buildings and cities! Because that's basically all it is.

To the left: Shrine of Remembrance.
 The the right? A massive train station... They sure do really try to make their train stations look cool around here. In fact, it's so iconic, it's on just about every piece or Melbourne tourism you name, magnets... key chains... etc.
 My selfie in front of the Shrine of Remembrance again. The whole area had a very Washington DC feel with lots of gardens, fountains, art museums and displays, and the road starts with this amazing Shrine and ends right near the train stations, Federation Square, and St. Pauls Catherdal (AKA my favorite cathedral ever)
 I mean look at it.. Ok this is one of my less nice pictures but it was hard to get a good angle on it.


So I explored Melbourne for hours on a couple of occasions. One time was in the heart of all the shops and tourists and what not. The other time was near the University. and NEITHER time did I feel like I was close to the ocean and then all of the sudden! BAM there's Luna Park which oh by the way the first one ever was on Coney Island, and this amazing little beach!

On my "be a tourist" day, we had lunch at this restaurant called "Naked for Satan" and it was all a pretty nice restaurant as long as you avoided the stairs (the wall paper there was a bit... eh vulgar) We had lunch out on the patio with a bunch of yummy things and this lovely view of Melbourne! It was little hipster, but really fun!

Whilst exploring the tourist parts of town I encountered the lovely St. Paul's.. Here it is again in even a finer light than before.
ANDDDD My all time favorite building/ park! The Exposition building from the World Fair in 1880! It was massive and really classic! If we'd had more time I probably would've spent a day exploring inside as well.
And my final building that I quite enjoyed is a catherdal that is on Catherdral street. haha It's another one you can walk around and admire the inside as well. Tall steeples and just classic all the way around. It wasn't quite the same as St. Paul's but still really lovely.

I climbed trees just about every where we went. This tree above is in the massive Exposition Park.

The building to the right is tucked right into the center of the University of Melbourne... like right next to their big student center which I thought was pretty neat.

AHHH I just loved the Exposition building.. sorry haha

To the left.. another building from the University of Melbourne.
To the right... a view of the outside deck where we ate at Naked for Satan.... Classy I know.
Inside the cathedral on Cathedral Street. (I think maybe the floors were my favorite part here...)
And a view back down the other direction.
Sorry these are so out of order... there were a lot of pictures to manage.. This is the fountain in front of the Exposition building.
Ah and here we go.. On my first day in Melbourne I took the trams around and after seeing the university I thought I could find my way back to the house. Negative I took a different tram route I guess(?) Anyways I ended up on this big hill which gave a pretty cool view of the city but I literally had no idea where I was.. Luckily Laura came to the rescue and found me. Woohoo!
This is probably something of what I looked like wandering around the city by myself. This sculptor did it perfectly.


More random pictures... This is one of the colleges from the University of Melbourne. The colleges in this case refer to as dormitories and apartments... How cool would it be to stay in this one?!

This picture below is inside St. Pauls. I must have walked around with my jaw dropped from all the colors and luxury and it was just beautiful! I actually sat down for a while and just looked around.

And all the rest are pictures from the University of Melbourne. I seriously walked around that campus just looking at the tops of the buildings to decide where I was going next.

I had some interesting eating experiences while in Melbourne as well... besides the Naked for Satan place, I ate at a Korean dessert bar which was FABULOUS (they had waffles and ice cream and such) and had myself my first meat pie ever and some crumpetts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park