We had this spectacular adventure out to Caricari or Black Sand Beaches in the west Auckland area. We crossed many mountainous roads and it was sort of an adventure just to get out here... but we made it.

The black sand was really soft and the water cold... not to mention you could physically see the crazy rip tide.. so no swimming again.
For those shark lovers out there... apparently the west side of Auckland or these areas are more populated with sharks... so there you go.

Personally I was quite taken with the landscape myself...

Near the beach they had these pretty little waterfalls and springs. Josh was up dancing around this one saying how deep it was and how they used to jump in them.. Well that had me thinking I just had to get in one and after about 5 minutes of goading (from them.. I really wouldn't have done it without encouragement) the decision was made to skinny dip. (and no I didn't have my bathing suit on hand.. it was a necessary action.) Josh and Miriam headed up to guard the path and make sure no one came down and Laura guarded me as I climbed in... (not to mention snapped this great photo of my head sticking out)

Point in case: It was a lot deeper then it looked. However you could not jump in as it wasn't THAT deep.

We walked a pretty little ways to get out to the beach... I mean it's just over those hills there and you don't even feel like you're at a beach.

Here was another pretty little falls that was near the skinny dipping site. Next time.. I'm bringing my bathing suit everywhere in New Zealand.

Over~ Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park