Other current happenings in my life at the moment.  A few weeks ago I went to...

an IMAGINE DRAGONS CONCERT!!! with Tasha and another girl from Kneaders. It was BY FAR the best concert I've ever been to. Granted I knew all the songs and sang and danced the whole time, they had really awesome special features added in as well. Like during "radioactive", the lead singer got on a zip wire and flew around over stage and even played a drum up there! They also had huge balls of confetti they threw around while they
 played "underdog", and everyone jumped up and down for "On top of the world" The guitarist had a special intermission where he just played beautiful music and the whole crowd had their lights going and honestly it felt like stars and a peaceful night. It was amazing to leave all our troubles and just have the best of times! Thank you Imagine Dragons for being so dog on awesome!
 Other happenings, my best friend Steve (co worker from Gold's gym) had to have emergency back surgery. One of his old injuries that resulted in 2 herniated disks had some how evolved into something so much worse. One day he lost feeling in both of his legs and all bladder/ bowel control. So they rushed him in for back surgery and found huge bone fragments impinging on his spinal column.  CRAZY STUFF. But he was so blessed to have one of the best back surgeons in the area there to help him out and make room in his schedule to do the surgery. Same day: he was walking!
 I spent a TON of time in the hospital that first week. I went every night and stayed for hours and whatever days off I was there as well. We started reading the Scarlet Pimpernel (by far my fav. book) and we (well at least I did) played in this super hero activity book that someone got him. That's were those super cool stickers came from! Honestly I was so happy to be there for him. I can't imagine what kind of a mess I'd be if I were in the hospital alone, so I definitely tried to make sure he wasn't alone too often.
 Also: I made sure he did his pneumonia breather thing whenever I was there cause otherwise he pretty much forgot. Ya I'm a good friend, but I enjoyed the company as well! To fill you in more after 6 days just in a hospital bed recovering they moved him to rehab where he did inpatient physical therapy for a little over a week. Now he's home and trying to get used to a very inactive lifestyle but he's doing great and making a fast recovery! So it's awesome! :]
 Also I got my first hair cut in a year and half.... It was so long and wild, so getting it trimmed and tamed seemed like a good option, especially for only 10 dollars! (gift card! Thanks Danna!) The salon I went to was sooooo nice and hip! Honestly, they gave me a Diet Dr. Pepper when I got there, then I had my very own shelp to put my stuff on. Best part? Hair washing station chairs folded up into a table top once you sat down and MASSAGED your back. Oh my gosh I'd pay 10 dollars just to go get my hair washed there again! haha anyways it was great and I'm definitely going back!
It's called Shep studio on State st. if anyone is ever interested!
 And as some of you may have known I was planning on working over in Turkey this summer! It was going to be an amzing summer experience and job and I was absolutely crushed when we couldn't get our work visas in time.

But as the Lord would have it, there's a reason I'm not living in Europe right now... and that reason is riots! Not a day before I was supposed to fly over there riots broke out all over Istanbul where I was going to be working. So not only am I not in danger of getting in riots, but I also was saved the trouble of quiting my jobs and selling my apt just to have no place to live or work when I found out I couldn't go. Am I still a little disapointed? yes. but I see why I didn't get to go now.
 When I'm not working I live at Seven Peaks. I'll go with Jordan and Amol and if they're busy.... I bring a book and lay out in the sun and take a nap. Nobody is more used to going to the peaks on their own as me, and quite frankly I love it no matter what!
 Also I bought some hipster glasses. They're huge on my face but with a new hair cute... comes a need for a new style. Be ready to see these glasses in a lot more pictures in the future. haha

I also had the wonderful opportunity of having a picnic/ bbq with some extended fam up in SLC. Everybody was represented it felt like. We were at Stew and Lizzie Low's, and Willis and Jenny Nielsen came down from Heber, and I rode up with Dave and Steve Branham, and I represented the Smith side. So there we were. It was an awesome mini reunion with tons of delicious food! So glad I got to go!




And of course I've been back over to Kevin and Kori's to play with the kid's outside and Just dance inside. I love these kids so much and I look forward to hanging out with them more! So many good times with family in this area!


And Lauri turned 14 (oh my gosh!) and Jenna turned 10! AHH and my birthday presents were way late but hey at least they got some!

Happy Birthday Girls! I love you!

That's the best update for now. From here on out I promise I'll try and be a little more responsible about updating this thing! haha Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park