Ok this post is all about.. dogs.

So BRACE yourself... but I got a second one.


Working 55 hours a week and the single life has kept me kind of busy, so I was feeling really bad about leaving Ollie at home by himself cooped up in an apt all the time.

Solution? Get him a buddy.
 One night on ksl I was just looking to adopt free dog that someone didn't want and my first night of looking I found Montie. He was in a home with 3 other dogs and 6 kids! Needless to say his owners couldn't handle him. I thought he looked adorable so I grabbed a friend and we drove all the way to Kaysville (north of SLC) to meet him! And I was in love. So we brought Montie home with us!
 His first few days here were very timid as one might expect. He just got a whole different change an atmosphere, and Ollie prob intimidated him a bit. But I tried to give him as much attention as I could. He had such a sad (but funny) personality. He just wanted to sit in the corner no matter what I tried he'd run for a corner. And the first night he curled up right under my arm (prob scared of Ollie) but we hang in there. One of my biggest concerns was his owner mentioned potty training was still a work in progress. So I left in in the kitchen with Ollie in the living room separated the first few days... and let's just say I'm a patient mom/ owner cause those first few days I had  quite a few messes...
 My sweet little teddy bear :]


Here's driving home from Kaysville with my friend holding Montie and Ollie trying to see him from the back seat. I just love Ollie in this picture. haha 
 As fate would have it, after a couple days Montie really warmed up to his new home! I took him for a short hike up Provo Canyon with Ollie and he loved it! Look at that tongue! haha
 And it gave me great pleasure to find out that they get along SO well. They love to wrestle and chase each other and play tug-o-war with a toy. It's awesome that they get along so well.! So excited!
 Here they are wrestling :]

What I really love is this older brother love that Ollie has and little brother mentality that Montie has. Montie will be so timid around other people or around other dogs, but the second he sees Ollie getting along or playing with them he is as confident as ever! It's like he knows his older bro has his back! And it's quite frankly adorable.


Funny story: One day I took the boys out without a leash, and these kids were playing with their dog across the street. Ollie takes off barking and running towards these kids and their dog and Montie following yapping as well. They get across the street and Ollie runs straight up to the dog (HUGE HORSE OF A DOG MASTIFF) and they start sniffing each other. Montie gets almost to the other dog, stops and looks at him, and then runs straight back to me and jumps in my arms. It was so cute he knew who would protect him, but man..

Like older brother, like little brother. haha 

 Here's some pictures of them sleeping with me on the bed. I thought Montie would be a little more cuddly at night but turns out Ollie is much more. haha In the top picture Ollie is actually curled up right next to me. But of course we need our space, so the 3 of us then took up our portions to fill up the queen sized bed. haha
 I have also of course taken them on the Y. Ollie did his normal but I'm quite pleased to say Montie didn't need a leash. He stayed with us the whole time and just trotted along. Which I was super relieved (managing 2 leashes can be kind of difficult sometimes).

Anyways they both are awesome and I can't wait to do more hikes in the future!


Here's a picture of Montie taking a nap on a pillow... Interesting position. haha 
 Also recently my neighbors have been getting frustrated with Ollie barking especially at night (since I don't get home from work and the gym till late some nights) so I went out and invested in a bark collar for Ollie. The first few times it shocked him it REALLY freaked him out and all he wanted to do was cuddle. This picture was taken after one of those times and I was feeling soooo bad about it. But it's helped a ton and he rarely barks loud enough that it really has to shock him... so that's good :]
 Here's one of my fav. pics of them sharing Ollie's chair. They both love it so much because it's right under a window so they stand on it and look out! ( in montie's case he gets up on the windowsill like a cat.. kind of entertaining) I love that they get along so well :]
Last but not least the less glamorous part of all this is while montie has been awesome about potty training. Only the first few days were tough but he picked up really fast on the schedule. ( I think following Ollie helped) While that's gotten better, he still is a 6 mo. old puppy and so he can be quite the little monster... He has torn up and chewed on quite a few things in my apt, especially paper, my scrapbooking supplies, safety glasses, underwear, just about anything he finds he's destroyed. So he's still locked in the kitchen on Ollie's old chain. But Ollie can roam around and they both play with the toys so it all works out.


Last picture: I found Montie sleeping like this the other night. He's just a funny pup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park