After Balcony House we went to Cliff Palace. This is a pretty close view straight on
of Tyler and cliff palace.
 It's far in the distance, but that's cliff palace behind us. From this picture
you can really see how huge that cliff dwelling is.

 Inside cliff palace, I spotted (so observational) a corn cob in the mortar of the walls!
Go me!
 The original toe holds that the natives used. Don't really know how they used them!
My feet were way to big for those holds!
 Tyler entering Cliff Palace!

 Right  before our tour we got another pretty good view! All those people are standing around a Kiva, which was like an underground spiritual/ cultural room. Supposedly Cliff Palace has like 140 rooms and 21 kivas!
Eventually where all those people are standing, we would stand to!
 Down in the palace! It was so incredible!
 Here's a picture of an entrance down into a kiva!
 Our tour guide at cliff Palace! She was very knowledgeable and I enjoyed her talks. I can't say I remember a whole lot, but I remember her saying a bunch of stuff that contradicted what our other tour guide said! great!
 Here's a picture of me in front of the cliff dwelling directly across from Cliff Palace.
And to recap, here's another picture of us in front of Cliff Palace.

NOW onto Spruce Tree House!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park