This has also been a week of hiking so far! Sunday Braden and I took the boys with some friends up Horse Tail Falls in Alpine again. I'd been wanting to do it since we hiked it with the group a few months ago... Well it was a lot more hot and a lot less shady than I remember it being but still fun! The dogs had a blast exploring and we chilled at the falls for a while to cool off. (I even dipped my head and man did that feel good!)

Unfortunately I tried out new hiking boots and had crazy blisters on my heels from them.. That made the 4 mile hike a bit more tough on me but still did it!

About 4 miles round trip and I'd estimate around 1200 elevation gain. It really is a peaceful hike great for the dogs and stunning at the end!

I managed to capture this sweet photo of my friends. Waterfalls can be pretty romantic!
Monty was a bit... shaggy. Don't worry he got his hair cut the very next day! Which I'm sure he appreciates feeling much cooler now!


Sorry the pictures are side ways... I'm not tech savy enough to know how to rotate them... Dang it. Hope you enjoy though! More pictures possibly from this hike to come!

 Just a few more pictures... My boys sure know how to make use of the shade. Monty straight up lays down and relaxes. :)
This picture cracked me up! I was standing on this rock in front of the falls for my picture and Ollie hops up on the log to follow me and gets stuck. I don't think he realized the jump didn't look pleasant going forward and he wasn't sure about falling backward either... So he literally just perched on the log all poised ready to jump just not sure in what direction. Glad my friend got a picture of this because he just looked at me like "Mom? Help!" and it was so sweet! Braden and I lifted him off and put him back down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park