Sorry I've been neglecting my post for a bit here. The 4th of July was a great one this year! I worked Friday night going into it at the Flash and then actually left early to head over to Kneaders to do my annual Cinnamon Roll stand while the Balloon Festival and Parade go on.
 Sorry I can't figure out for the life of me how to rotate pictures anymore.. I think I've saved them correctly.. but turns out I haven't.
Anyways bummer news: the balloons didn't take off but at least I got to see the tops of them! So close! And I made a bunch of money on cinnamon rolls and oj! Thanks kneaders for letting me do this! I always have a fantastic time :D
 I hosted Braden's family for dinner so they could see the new house! We had hamburgers, watermelon, and chips! Easy and delicious! Monty wore his festive American Peace sign shirt.. unfortunately you can't see it too well though.
 Then we headed over to my favorite coworker Stacey's house for their little block party! They had amazing aerials and TONS of them.. not kidding! They put on a great show. BUT also when we back we still had plenty of time to sit out on my back deck and watch aerial fireworks around the neighborhood! Their were great shows right over our heads!
 They were loud and bright and everything I could hope for, for not having spent a dime! The boys did fairly well... Monty even sat on my lap outside for a bit but Ollie hid in the upstairs bathroom the whole time poor guy... He wasn't a fan for sure.

 And my cute american flag tank I got JUST for the holiday! I love summer holidays!
 AND now my family is in town! They flew in on the 7th and we wasted no time getting down to fun! I took the girls shopping for their birthday that same day and they got to come see my house which they loved!
On the Thursday after they got in I went in late to work so we could go up to Midway and see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat!
 It was an amzazing production and while we were constantly afraid of getting rained on it never really did and the crowd stayed pretty small! The costumes, props, singing, acting, etc were all right on par with the movie even! Honestly one of THE best live musicals I've been to... well one of my favorite musicals in general so that helps ;)
"I look handsome, I look smart. I am a walking work of art."
 AND the part where the brothers sell Joseph to the "hairy bunch of Ismaelites"

"Could you use a slave, you hairy bunch of ismaelites? Young, smart, well- behaved. Going cheap and he reads and writes..."
 Luckily we had blankets and camp chairs to keep us warm cause it did get QUITE chilly!
 And the sunset just to the left of the stage was gorgeous to watch as well! Seriously beautiful setting!
 "Pottiphar had very few cares. He was one of Egypt's millionaires"
 "Having made a fortune buying shares in...
pyramids."
 "Close every door to me. Hide all the world from me. Darken the windows and shut out the light..."
"Children of Israel are never alone. For I know I shall find my own peace of mind. For we have been promised... a land of our own."
 It seriously was so good and the costumes were part of my favorite parts! They did great!

"Go go Jo! Go go Jo!"
 Here's the part in Eqypt where he gets introduced to Pharoah in order to interpret his dream.
 And the last picture I was able to capture of the night since it was dark and hard to capture anything on stage.... Those Canaan Days

"No one comes to dinner now... We'd only eat them anyhow"

Seriously one of the greatest musicals of all time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park