I also finally tried out the Living Room hike up in SLC that I've heard so much about! While it is dog friendly, I chose to let my dogs rest from this one. I went with some more friends I've made on Meet up and it was a grand ol' time!

We even tried to master the art of taking a selfie... :)

The hike really isn't too bad. I'd prob equate it to a slightly easier version of Y mount in Provo as it doesn't feel quite as long and most of it isn't as steep. Though be warned, in the middle of the day it's practically all uncovered and VERY hot.

Also be warned.. the first time you do this hike.. you prob want to go with someone who has done it before. There are dozens of unmarked trails leading all over the place and some very steeply up the mountain face.. which you don't want to do. Trust me, go with someone who knows the easier more shaded path.

I love all the "living room" furniture up there! A couple great couches and chairs to sit on, have a drink, and watch the sunset. Since we did this on a Monday night we only stayed until about 9 and had to hike down about half way through the sunset but the temp and views were gorgeous!




If you haven't noticed by now, check out my awesome belt! I just got it and I'm IN LOVE. It's by outward hound and called the hands free and on Amazon for abut $15!
Essentially it's got two pockets you can use for keys, phone, snacks, leashes, etc... and one pocket that flips open to a mesh water bottle holder. It also has two rings you can attach the leash it comes with and be completely hands free! Honestly this is about the greatest thing ever made for me! I love being able to hike/ walk/ run with my dogs and have everything there on my belt.



All in all, a great hike and great time with these folks! I'd definitely do this hike again and who knows maybe next time I'll bring the boys along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park