This weeks adventures let's see... I continued the tradition of visiting Home Depot. Ladies and Gentlemen, this will be my 4th trip in less than a month. What did I need this time? Velcro, a special drill bit from these crazy screws the previous owner left jacked up in the wall, and a shelf ( which I was hoping to use as a vanity in my dressing room but couldn't find any studs to hang it from... Tried anyways and it was a failure. Lesson #1 Wide big shelves NEED studs to hang. Seriously the shelf started pulling the screws out of the wall as soon as I tried to mount it... SCARY) All in all I already am planing my next weeks' trip.


 Tuesday eve I took the dogs on a new hike I hadn't done yet up AF canyon called Silver Lake! Boy was it an adventure! First thing to know, the directions don't mention you must travel the dirt road from hell to get to this hike... Not kidding it's 30 min of anxiety filled torture and mourning the certain death of your little vehicle. Then you get there and bam Silver Lake!!!....??? I thought this was a hike... Sooo we spent an hour or so walking around this lake and swimming a bit.

 I JUST love monty in the picture above... Ollie kinda pushed him in deeper than he expected and he was pretty quick to trying to get out! My poor little drownd looking rat. lol I do love that both of them want to get in the water and at least wade around.
 I captured this awesome picture of Ollie coming out of the water! The one plus to that crappy road is prob that it keeps the crowds away. There really weren't too many people around so my dogs felt free to roam, swim, and run!


 You can't see em in this picture but there's a little family of ducks swimming just out of the picture. Ollie and Monty really wanted to get them but didn't want to swim for it... Ollie just stood like a statue for like 5 min watching them swim as if weighing his pros and cons. and Monty straight up bounded in really deep (deeper than I've ever seen) and was trying to swim after them.. After like a second of treading water he turned around but hey! Props to his bravery!

 Gorgeous day!
So anyways the adventure.. after my mile or 2 walk around the Silver Lake FLAT I discover oh! a trailhead. So we start heading up... and after already walking quite a bit and not too mention starving... this trail felt prettyyyy long.

Luckily I had the boys to pull me along for the first little bit.

 While it's never crazy steep or hard you do get some ground up! I was never out of breath but certainly dragged my feet for want of energy and asked just about every person I passed how much further the lake was.. I mean I was suffering.

(lesson #2 in this post: do this hike and THEN walk around the flats if you want)
 We only saw one other doggie on the trail for a moment so these boys enjoyed free roaming! They do pretty good hiking and listening to me lately! We passed a couple streams which was great so they could drink that and I could drink all the water I carried. It also helped em cool down for all the running they were doing!
 We passed some pretty cool water falls including this one that is coming down from THE Silver Lake itself.

 Finally we made it and the boys were right down wading in! I wish I could've made it while the sun was still on the lake for better pictures. I mean the color is gorgeous and all the surrounding rock makes this place so beautiful!

 We didn't have a ton of time unfortunately (try 5 minutes) so I sat on a rock and had my snacks while the boys explored the area. Then we treked our way back down!




 I did really love this view of the back of Timp! This is maybe half way up to the lake and it's just a stunning view of my favorite Wasatch Mountain! (also that lake down there is where we started... half way up!)
 One of the little creeks you pass over.
 Some parts of the hike the creek is actually really loud like water fall loud as you're hiking but you can't see if for most of it. I love the parts where you can!

And heading off saying our goodbye to the lake which I may or may never visit again (seriously dirt. road. from. hell) but beautiful hikin ya'll!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park