Here's your weekly update on my adventures. Tuesday night I hiked with my favorite group led by Alicia "Girl on a Trail" (follow her blog at http://girlonatrail.com/) There were a tonnn of us hikers and lots and lots of dogs which made it a great time!
We hiked up a pass on the backside of Big Cottonwood Canyon called Guardsman Pass. You get a first stop of Bloods Lake and then continue on to Lackawaxen Lake! I know right?


 It was a gorgeous evening and that lakes were stunning Alipine lakes... but the bugs. were. terrible. I mean the guy hiking in front of me easily had 8 on his back at a time hitching a ride. Luckily I borrowed another hiker's bug spray at the beginning and miraculously escaped with only a few bites but MAN they were heavy! Which is also why I don't have very many pictures... we were constantly moving. I'd recommend this hike later in the season once it cools down or in the heat of the day... dusk is just too much of a buggy time to do it. About 4 miles and mostly flat besides a few steep hills that you get done in a giffy it's a really great hike to take your dogs on! Yay swimming and not having to carry as much water!

 And a picture of my boys home after the hike. I think the drive and  4 miles actually took it out of them this time. Every time I catch Ollie cuddling with his toys I HAVE to take a picture. It's just too adorable not too.

And Fret not. my little carpet Monty will be getting his hair cut next week. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park