This weekend was a fabulous weekend! One of the best in a while! It started off Thursday night when Jordan and I did a bit of shopping and then had ourselves a sleepover! We got all caught up on dating and wedding business and she helped me plan out my attack of the next day morning.

Friday morning we got up and got started. It was Braden's B-day so I had this extravagant scavenger hunt planned out for him. First I had him show up after class (I wasn't there) and he let himself in to find part 1 of this b-day present: good smelling spray from Bath and Body works and his first clue which led him to The Hobbit movie on my tv stand which then led him to my backyard where he had to climb a tree and then to the park by my house and then his car then winco )by the chocolate covered gummi bears, then the library (the JRR Tolkien section) the gym and finally ending at the Dry
Canyon Trail Head where I waited with stuff for a picnic! I wrote it all out in poem form (you can read it at the bottom if you'd like) so we got up set some clues about the house. (You should've seen me scale the tree in my back yard... Fastest I've ever done it) and then got ourselves some breakfast from Kneaders. (I also got a sandwich for our picnic) Then we finished setting some clues around like the one at the library and winco. (It was very top secret where I hid things like on the bottom of shelves or benches) and the hardest part was hiding a clue on Braden's car. We actually waited in Jordan's car at the school by my house and waited for him to go inside. Then we put the clue on his windshield for him to find. Here's a picture of Jordan in cognito watching for him to go inside. haha Then she dropped me off at dry canyon where I waited for him to find all the clues! (P.S. all the clues took him to places we've gone on dates or had special meaning!)

 So he finally got there and I had our picnic all figured out. We walked over to the spot and I unpacked our lunch of fancy cheese, ritz crackers, grapes, kneaders Turkey Bacon Avocado, and raspberries with white chocolate chips stuck in them (Braden really loves raspberries...) and peach lemonade to drink. The weather held off just long enough to be pleasant until we were ready to leave.
I also gave him part 2 of his b-day present which was crazy nerdy but I loved it.. I got him the ONE RING from Lord of the Rings. It's really just a cheap gold ring but he appreciated it.  :)
After our picnic we went back to my place and watched an episode of psych and then I busted out his chocolate pudding cake! Soooo yummy! With vanilla ice cream. And yes.... those are 22 candles arranged in a heart. haha
While we ate our cake (soooo good by the way and incredibly easy) I gave him part 3 of his birthday present. Really I just wanted him to have something to open with his cake so I got him a a green V-neck which he has been shopping around for and The Hobbit in graphic novel form (which I sort of want to get for myself now as well haha) Let's just say I'm a very thoughful gift giver and super glad I have a nerd for a boy friend I can get stuff for. :D

Then he went home for a bit and we got ready for Birthday Part 2!






 We drove up to SLC and spent a little while at City Creek Center (spending more birthday money) and then headed over to the Jazz game. We played the Pelicans and actually won! It was a close and great game! Even if we only one because they're best player had like the worst game of his life. :P
Then to continue Birthday celebrations Saturday morning I took off work so we could go to the gym and get pizza with some of his friends. And later Saturday night we went to see the movie Pompeii. It was pretty good for a gladiator movie and fairly low budget it seemed. Though it still had some great actors including Kit Harrington (from Game of Thrones and quite nice to look at) All in all not a movie I'd really care to see again but I am glad I saw it once at least! It certainly entertained me for 2 dollars at the dollar theater! :P








And then to close off my wonderful weekend, we had Sunday Morning Crepes in honor of Conference and birthday celebration! And they were DELICIOUS! So just normal crepes with cream cheese filling and then rolled up with dollops of homemade whipped cream, raspberries, a little chocolate syrup, and powdered sugar to top it off and then some bacon on the side. It was SUPER yummy!

Hurray for a very relaxing and fun filled weekend! :)








And Because I promised: Here is the scavenger hunt poem clues I wrote!



Happy Birthday Lilipad!
Sorry to leave you but I’ve got in the works,
A scavenger hunt that will make you glad,
So keep an eye out for some clues in the lurks.

Clue #1: For this clue you need not go far,
Just to my living room with entertainment galore,
There’s one movie we both love that for us set the bar,
Figure out which movie and there’s more clues in store.

Clue#2: Now this is another home clue you’ll see,
Quite easy in fact,
It’s just up a tree.



Clue #3: Prepare to go on foot,
For the next clue’s not far,
At the park we walk by that’s where it’s put,
Check under tables for clue number 4.

Clue #4: Now for adventure,
You’ll have to get around,
Something with 4 wheels I’m sure
Is where clue #5 is bound.

Clue# 5 We’ll need some sweet treats,
For this birthday of yours,
Some gummy  sweet candy, here’s some money you’ll need,
To buy us some bears from your favorite store.     

Clue#7 Now let’s go back to date #2,
A quiet place with lots of books
Clue# 8 I’m sure is there too,
Near Lord of the Rings is where you must look.

Clue# 8 This place is familiar, this place you must be
You spend hours here a day, sometimes with me.
Search among bags, clothes, and keys,
To find your last clue, that leads straight to me.

Clue#9 This last place means a lot, one of my favorites after all
Sealing our friendship, we’ve hiked here a lot
I’ll meet you for lunch, no need to call
I’m waiting at the bottom with some food that I brought.

Clue#10 You must’ve found me if you’re reading this here
So let me wish you Happy Birthday, my dear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park