Then On Saturday the fun continued! For book club in the March of month we read Divergent which just came out in theaters a week or so ago. So as a club we went to see the movie! Of course I'm nerdy so I had to dress up...
I wore all black like the Dauntless (the brave faction that the main character joins in the book) And the main character Triss also sports 3 ravens on her collar bone as a tattoo reminder of her family members. So braden helped me out and used his artistic talents to try and replicate her tattoos  for me. I think they turned out quite nicely to be honest. :)
 And after the movie we discussed what we liked and what we didn't like. I don't want to list an spoilers but I think they did a pretty decent job simplifying it and still following the main plot, however there were some character developements they could've done way better at.  For instance like 4 actors all looked so similar! Caleb, Peter, Will, and Al. Like it was almost hard to differentiate who was who and they didn't stand out enough with how they were develped. Plus Tris said I love you first and Four didn't say it at all?! So opposite from the book and that was a little upsetting. But all in all it was still a great movie. Just not as great as the book.
And my honey of course supporting me in all my endeavors wore all black so he could be dauntless as well. So glad he joined my book group as well and hey we are catering more to the nerds this April since our genre is now: Graphic Novels. haha should be able to finish some picture books...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park