Ok So first to explain... I have this annual tradition that for St. Patrick's Day I go on a hiking/ camping adventure. Two years ago it was Moab and last year it was Bryce Canyon.

This year my funding and planning fell a little short but that sure didn't stop me! Since St. Pattys day was on Monday this year I celebrated Sat and Sunday... like a normal person should do really (Can we just make it like the 2nd saturday of March always) haha

So to celebrate! Braden helped me construct a fabulous and monstrous Blanket Fort Tent! We used 2 jersey queen sized sheets, a couch cover, and a blanket! Basically it stretched over my whole couch and my queen sized mattress and then sloped up over my tv stand.
 Thank goodness for those barstools! They really helped keep the height of it. Like you could almost sit up on the mattress and it was awesome to lean against the couch cushions which were just like 3 inches higher than my mattress!



Basically.. it was my whole living room

 Also by far more comfortable then sleeping in an actual tent and probably just as fun!

We lit a candle and pretended to have a camp fire, and of course there was the more glorious ability to enjoy modern entertainment and plumming :P
 Not to mention my dogs LOVED it.


 Sunday morning Braden came back over and we started the day off right with pancakes and bacon :) Then watched an adventure movie (The Road to El Dorado) while eating our breakfast and still in the blanket fort. Basically even after breakfast I had a hard time leaving the fort. I could've just sat in there for days! So comfy and fun!
 Later on around 6 we met up with Jordan and Amol to do my hiking bit and we hiked the Y! The weather has been miserable the last few days but Sunday it was clear skys and plenty warm! Ollie even got to come with us, but not Monty.. still wasn't happy with him about Ollie's neck.


 We did awesome! Only stopped like twice and one of the times was to sit on an awesome rock! And we rested at the top for prob around 20 minutes before heading back down so all in all it took about an hour and a half.

And the sunset was glorious! We saw some of it at the top but had a beautiful view to hike down with and drive home to. Finished the night off with some kneaders soup and bread I got the night before.

And the best part was, I ended up going to bed at like 9:30 and got a jump start on my sleep for the week.

It was a great St. Patrick's Day celebration weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park