Recent Events :)

February Book Club Meeting: We read a Regency Romance Novel titled "To kiss a Stranger" It was a fabulous book and way easy to read! And of course I hosted a regency themed meeting to go along with it! I had a tea party! I made cucumber sandwiches which to be honest I actually liked a lot. Recipe below ! And we had hot chocolate in my little tea set! Braden even came to my tea party (what a great supporter! even if he didn't read this months book.. big surprise) Anyways the book is about a Noble man who kisses a girl he thinks is a servant but whose actually a noble lady! And her uncle (who is a monster) forces them to get married! And of
 course they try to figure out a way to get out of the marriage without completely ruining her but end up falling in love! Anyways.. it's great! Go read it :)
March will be a book based on a movie.. so we're reading Divergent! And it's great so far.. so read it as well! :)

Cucumber Sandwiches:
1 baguette from kneaders
like 3 oz cream cheese mixed with 1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped and lightly sweetened
- Spread the cream cheese mix onto 1/2 inch  slices of bread and then sprinkle with rosemary. Interesting but actually pretty good!

And then later that evening my friend from Yuma got married! Hurray! Her reception was so lovely and fancy! So glad I got the chance to go congratulate them! 

Also in other news Ollie turned 3 last month! So he was treated to some big bone treats and some new toys. He's so adorable cuddling up with the green stuffed heart! He really loved it... Too bad between him and Monty it lasted like 12 hours. haha

Also for my past few Fridays off Jordan has spent the night. Ollie likes cuddling with her in bed. haha what a ham! And we found her wedding dress! So glad I was present for that! She's going to be seriously the most beautiful bride!
And we had our first bonfire of the season last Saturday! Just up at Vivian park. Between Braden, Jordan, Amol, and I we finished off a whole bag of marshmallows! I think I had 3 smores alone haha It was a little chilly but not too bad! It was fun to finally get a campfire going! :) And of course we went old fashioned by using wire hangers for the roasting. haha we got class.

I was also recovering from a pretty miserable cold this past weekend.. so forgive my picture.. should've just taken one in the dark later haha. The weather has been clearing up so now I just can't wait for it to be warm enough to start camping and hiking more!

~Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park