One of my New Years Resolutions was to read the Book of Mormon (or my scriptures) every night. For the first week I completely failed at this. I had no desire to pick it up let alone read before bed time. Then I had this marvelous missionary experience and I realized that I had never truly read the Book of Mormon cover to cover and been able to focus and actually pay attention. So I resolved to try again. I went to the DI and bought a HUGE Book of Mormon and a smaller one. (P.s. Totally lucked out and got free chocolate that they were handing out that day... it's the little blessings you guys) And since then I have read every single night for 22 days without fail. Even the nights where I came home exhausted after midnight I still sat down, said my prayers and read. I was able to pay complete attention and I can't tell you how great it is to be able to focus on just the Book of Mormon. It's like having a whole clean slate with so much space to take notes and so much more exciting. There have been nights where I have even read more than one chapter! Ladies and Gentleman I just want to say how true this book is! I have learned so much about Christ and the power of God in just the first Book of Nephi. There are so many prophecies that are coming true today, there is no doubt in my mind that these people existed and that God had a devine purpose in having them record their revelations and histories so we can learn from them today. I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know it is the only true church. I know that our prophet is a prophet of God and received revelation today. I know that we have the power of God on Earth today through the Priesthood power. And I have never been more grateful for this church as I have ever been my whole life except in the past year. It's helped me grow and learn, and understand who I am in one of the most trying experiences I've ever had. I'm not perfect but that's what makes me so relieved to belong to this church and to understand my Heavenly Father and his love for me. I know my savior suffered for me that I can be healed. I'm so grateful for that love.
Read the scriptures ya'll. It could change your view. On everything.

~Amanda Rehak 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park