Ok so now for Christmas business. I finally got a vacation for the first time since August I took a trip and got out of town! I got to visit my folks in Houston for a week! I left Saturday afternoon before Christmas (of course on the day of a blizzard) So I took the tracks to the airport! And I've never been so happy I did! I talked to a really sweet girl studying dietics and going home to open her mission call! And then a guy studying at UVU and flying home to NYC for Christmas... We quickly became airport buddies as we followed the tracks all the way to our gate. (haha same first flight) He even told me I was stylish! Seems my hipster glasses and leather suitcase do me good! haha It was awesome making a friend and we still chat! Hurrah!


 The first few days I was there, my family was still settling into their new house which is seriously gorgeous! It was like the spitting image of Ty's and my dream house that we were designing. So I know he would've loved it if he was there. I seriously took a hundred pictures of every room but I don't want to bore you... so I won't post all of those. haha But my grandparents were also visiting from Indiana so it was awesome getting to spend time with them!

All too soon it was Christmas morning... ya it really snuck up on me this year! My little sisters got some cool toys! As evidenced by me playing with all of them.. haha legos and nerf bow! How much cooler does it get? I got a lot of awesome gym clothes, shoes, oh and ya Santa paid my phone bill for January! haha best present ever.
 My favorite gift of all though came from my Aunt Shelly. and I wish I had a picture of it but it's a water bottle with like a trough dispenser attached to it for giving your dogs water.. I laughed so hard! Now I can share water with my dogs without having to carry a bowl or waste water all over the ground! And I got an awesome family calendar that's now hanging over my desk at work :] I love it.

Here's a picture of my beautiful family! My younger sisters are getting so beautiful! And I'm normally shorter.. I had my moms like 4 in heels on. haha
Another picture from Christmas morning. We all got awesome PJs from my Aunt Janina and some really pretty bracelets that we're attempting to show off. haha
 

One of my favorite activities in Texas is to tour the Blue Bell factory. Seriously the engineering behind all the equipment is amazing! And it happens to be my favorite ice cream! Seriously I couldn't get enough while I was down there! I ate it like twice a day! haha (there's only one place in Utah I know that carries it, and it's at the Provo Beach Resort.)

 To work off all that ice cream I took Jenna on a couple jogs. It was in the 60s or so most of the days I was there and it was sooo beautiful! I love seeing all of the trees in their color! I found the perfect 3 mile loop so I got a few 5ks in while I was there :]
 Lauri is turning into such a beautiful teenager! I know it's been rough for her since she was such a tom boy (and still is in a lot of ways..) but it's great seeing her go through the teenage years.. brings me back to how I was haha. and it makes me laugh.
Another picture from the Blue Bell Factory. That place was soooo delicious! I got some coffee toffee flavor at the end, but the banana nut bread was also delicious! And they seriously have the best vanilla and cookies and cream flavor! They bake all of the breads and cookies in their flavors on location... so it's extra yummy! Plus driving out there I got a gorgeous tour of Western Texas. We saw Lake Conroe which is huge and beautiful! And we stopped by the Independence on the Brazos which was very cool. The fight for Texas independence from Mexico is one of my favorite stories.


I also got my own daddy-daughter date with my dad which was really needed, saw Saving Mr. Banks which was a fantastic movie! and read a couple books not to mention made myself a cute Texas pen pal on accident. haha It was a great trip and I was pretty sad to have to head home Monday.



The trip home was sooo stressful! I got there at 4 to find out my flight had been delayed over an hour to 7:30 which means my layover in Denver would be 5 min.. pretty concerning but the counter people swore up and down that I would make it fine since all the flights coming to that layover were delayed as well... and delayed they were! I got off the plane and had again another like hour and half delay in leaving. Which meant I now would get into SLC at midnight ish. Instead of 10:30... And I had to work the next day.. yikes! So my uncle Kevin picked me up and brought me back to their house where I'd left my car.. and my car wouldn't start! I about broke down as it was almost 1 and I had work in less than 7 hours and still couldn't get home... I ended up staying the night and getting my car into the shop the next morning. I made it into work for 2 hours before we got to leave at noon for New Years. I've never been so relieved or blessed since I STILL had not been home... Anyways stressful travel let me tell ya! haha Glad to be home but sad I couldn't stay in Houston longer!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park