FINALLY! Another Vacation! :) I paid Florida another trip with my family the week of August 15-23rd and it was great! My flights were great there and back with premium seats. For the first time in my life I sat in the very first row of the plan. I can't tell you how wonderful it was. haha

When I got in on Friday we went to the Typhoon Lagoon and rode all the slides we needed to there Oh AND Swam with hammerhead sharks! Yikes! (One even touched my mom and me )

Saturday we also spent at Blizzard Beach! Though half they day it rained and we spent our time souvenir shopping, we still got to ride all the side we wanted to there as well!
 Sunday morning we went to Sacrament Meeting where they had a wonderful speaker who talked about patience! He was hilarious and wonderful to listen to so I'm glad I went! Then we headed out to the beach! We stopped at Ron Johns at Cocoa Beach! We did our shopping but unfortunately didn't step foot on the beach for fear of getting the flesh eating virus that's plagued Florida beaches. :/
 And of course no Florida trip is ever complete without a visit to Dixie Crossroads! We stuffed ourselves with the best Corn hush puppies you'll ever have and wonderful rock shrimp! We ended our evening with a trip to Downtown Disney to pin trade and have fun at Disney Quest! It's a virtual reality theme park which I wish I had pictures of but it's too dark in there. Mom, dad, Lauri, Jenna, and I rocked the Pirate ride, played some arcade games, attempted the rafting expedition, and built (then rode) our own rollercoasters! It was a great beginning!

 And then.. the real 4 days of Disney began.
DAY 1: Animal Kingdom. It was a hot day! but lucky for us, we started it with the raft ride! We got soaked, but it was a blast! Then we rode the African Safari tour (which is more like a safari than your typical Disney ride... real animals!)

In reality though it is neat to pull right up along side lions, antelope, giraffe, etc... and not have any fences or glass!
 My happy parents enjoying the bumps of the safari ride.
 The rhino!
 Not part of the safari, but it brings me to my next favorite ride: Dinosaur! It scares the beejeeses out of me but its so fun! For those of you who have visited Disneyland and have ridden the Indiana Jones ride, it's exactly like that but set to the movie Dinosaur... and a lot scarier!
 Back to the safari and a giraffe so close to the truck!
 Jenna and I on the safari ride still dripping a little from the rapids ride.
 And here's us on the rapids ride RIGHT before we got soaked. haha

We also rode Expedition: Everest which is a fun roller coaster! However since we were all hungry for lunch at this point, we left it at that ride and headed out.







And with the conclusion of Monday we visited Magic Kingdom which Chandler Loved! Lot's of castles and rides to be had there but I'll make a separate post just for it.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park