NOTE: This should have been posted BEFORE my trip out East.

Also this weekend, beside my adventure picking up a stray, we had our May Book Club Meeting! This past month we read Dragonflight: One of the dragons of Pern books. It was our fantasy/ sci-fi genre month and we couldn't have picked a better book to represent both! It had both dynamics and I loved it!

Anyways the party was great! I had like a million great ideas and we only got to a few of them even!

Paying respects to Lord of the Rings: some of the greatest fantasy books of all time is my party sign I posted to the front door.
 I also antiqued a crap load of paper. I had 4 big maps of Pern and then all of the Harpers (teaching) songs that were used in the book... There were a lot. haha
 I also made a little photo booth where you could pretend to be  a dragon and breathe fire. In the book the dragons' main purpose was to destroy silver thread that fell from the red star and basically killed everything if it actually burrowed into the ground. Hence the thread and red star :P

 Above: my coffee table all decked out with my antiqued paper, candles, and a dragon statue supplied by my one and only: Braden :)

We were going to paint some Easter Eggs to look like Dragon Eggs (described in the book) but so many people came! (Thanks Kneaders friends!) and we didn't need the time killer. But we did however play my very clever game of: PIN THE TALE ON THE DRAGON. It was a memory based game where I had a Dragon picture (which Braden did an amazing drawing for me) and I taped scales with the names a tales that had dragons in them upside down. Then we had a bunch of "tails" with the description of the tale on a scale that people had to match up... Only they had to flip each over after their turn until somebody remember which tail went to while tale. Get it? Well ya I was incredibly fond of my great game idea and it all went so well! I made pizza in the oven, Amanda brought a red juice, Kendal made Dragon egg rice krispie treats (that had more treats inside!) and the star of the show Brett made a dragon shaped bread! It was awesome!

Next month is plays so we are reading a comedy called "Cyrano de Bergerac" and I'm super excited about it!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park