So the second week of June I got my first vacation! I visited NC for Jordan and Amol's wedding where I had an awesome time watching Chandler outside. She is the cutest ever! So even though I couldn't go inside, I still had fun being apart of it. After the reception we had lunch at some really delicious bbq place! (not kidding sooo good) and then later had their reception which the decorations and food turned out incredibly! I especially loved the little fruit tarts, pasta salad, and that grape salad! We also had lots of family time after that and Sunday morning before I headed up to my old stomping grounds in VA with Tiff and David.
 We started that trip off great Monday by going to the Zoo! My favorite was the red panda! One: because he's adorable and two: because his exhibit tree literally extended right over us on the walk way. He climbed all over and even came down that ladder!
 Next favorite of course was the train. (Maybe tied for 1st) While Chandler isn't an animal at the zoo, she was definitely the cutest there! The whole time we rode the train she shouted "CHOO CHOO" and "All ABOARD!" It. was. adorable.
 And third favorite was the Bongos... Now I normally already like the Bongos, but having an adorable little baby certainly helps their case! Look at that little guy!


It was a hot humid day, but all in all a fun day at the zoo and a lot like I remembered it!
 We continued the Norfolk fun Tuesday with a trip to the Botanical Gardens. We didn't explore much of the gardens besides our walk to the kids splash pad center and the train ride after (I learned a fair amount about pine trees) But what we did see was gorgeous! I should look for some more gardens to visit! And the lake the gardens sit on is absolutely beautiful as well!


 We had a LOT of fun playing in the splash pads! Chandler was a little weary of the really big fountains and I got pretty wet trying to convince her to play in the larger fountains while she just ran away. haha But they had some fun little gardens that represented areas of the World and this big long caterpillar cage thing that we had fun running through.
 Norfolk is known for all these Mermaids everywhere and this one is my favorite! It was sooo pretty with the rose top and mosaic tail! The zoo had a tiger themed one but I didn't get a picture with it.
 And then Wednesday we went to the beach. Unfortunately the weather was threatening all week and it went even more down hill Wednesday so this day was our last possible chance. Of course once we actually got out to Virginia Beach the weather was fully overcast and even a little windy so it was a tad chilly but Chandler and I had fun! We did lots of playing in the sand and running in and out of the water and had an absolute blast! Tiff pretty much sat on the towel. haha
 Chandler was very good at helping me fill up the sand buckets to make castles. And also very good at knocking my towers over as soon as they were standing. We buried our feet numerous times but nothing beats burying our legs and making them look like Mermaid tails. (Chandler is quite fond of the Little Mermaid) so her face in the picture above is priceless!
 Everytime I tried to go swimming by myself and actually get in deeper I'd turn around and she'd be wading in after me so back I went for her. Poor little girl's lips were turning blue! I did have a few moments to myself and I haven't enjoyed the beach that much in a long time! It was like coming home! Let me tell you its overcast but the water was still sooo much warmer than California beaches! Even though I had to keep getting in and out, the water temperature never even bothered me! It was amazing and perfect! And I so wish the weather hadn't crapped out on me so I could have a second day!
 This is just another picture from Tuesday at the Botanical Gardens. Tiffany froze those juice pouches so they were perfect even hours later! mhm
 The rest of the trip was too rainy! But I did get to see one of my old best friends and we went out to lunch at Tropical Smoothie Cafe... Win win :) It was so delicious! And I watched a plethora of tv while also including little childrens shows. Completed numerous puzzles numerous times and enjoyed my time with the family beagle Buster. (Even though I really did miss my own dogs) I also read 4 books over the course of my trip!
I read Cyrano De Berberac for book club, and then a bunch of the ONCE stories (retelling of fairytales) some random romance book, and a book called Here have a Husband which was pretty entertaining although pretty frustrating at times to.
I'm just glad I got to spend so much time with this little girl. It's so fun now that she knows me more and knows I'm her auntie! I can't wait to see them all again in August! Family vacations are the best!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park