This past weekend we hiked to Mt. Timp. We woke up bright and early at 4:30 to get there by 6, little did we know how busy it gets! We parked over a mile uphill away from the actual trailhead! Starting out it was freezing, my upper body was fine but my legs sure were cold.!
 We hiked the first 2-3 hours and really enjoyed it. We kept saying this is so much easier than the y! Why did everyone say it's so hard? And it's true, you barely feel like you're going uphill the majority of the time which makes the trail really nice, and we hardly ever had to take breaks.

In the top and side picture we took our only 15 min break to sit down and rest. I'm sitting in front of the summit... which we were about to climb up to, and Ty is facing out to the rest of the meadow! It was so beautiful!

 In the top picture we're hiking up to the saddle which is where we switch to climbing behind the mountain.

Left: me in the saddle before we started the climb!
 Tyler with the trail behind him! Off we go!










Below: The old glass/ steel building on the summit! We wrote our names on it! Wayy cool! We'll see if it's still there next time we climb.
 This picture is just to demonstrate my camera's coolness. This is a picture of the provo temple all the way from the top of Mt. Timp. Booya zoom!

 A picture of us at the summit! Rockin' it :]
 This looks back at the trail from whence we came.
 On our way back down we got someone to take our picture in front of the summit together. and yes that is snow behind us! :D
 We thought the wild flowers were so pretty! So I had to get a picture with them! 
Also on our way back down Tyler with a nice picture of the valley and where we were headed down! Ohh ya


Awesome hike! It took us 8 hours of actual hiking and around 1 hour of resting at the summit and bottom. The way up seemed fairly easy, but our feet were killing us on the way down. I still think some of my toenails may come off. Woot woot! 20 miles in one day with 5,000 elevation changes!
We were proud of ourselves!

Comments

  1. I want to hike Timp so bad. I'm glad to hear that it isn't too hard. I was thinking I would need to train for it or something! There is hope for me! :) Glad you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park