This past Saturday Ty and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary! (Amazing I know, I can hardly believe it myself) And we thought we'd have super nice weather for it since we've had such beatiful weather the past few weeks... not so.

I still had to open at Kneaders and when I got to work my car looked like this... (way more snow before I drove it) and as I was working at drive through the weather looked like this... So our hopes for wonderful weather were a little bit dashed by a blizzard.
Anyways WONDERFUL Tahia came in for 8:30 for me so I didn't have to stay till 11 for my full shift! So grateful! When I got home from work we made crepes for breakfast and crawled back into bed for me to take a nap (and our apt. was freezing!)









 After that I'm not quite sure what spawned this decision, but we went to go look at guns... and ended up buying 2 SAR 9mm pistols... yep that's what I get for my anniversary present! ha! Anyways we haven't gotten to shoot them yet but I'll let you know how that goes when we do!



 Then we stocked up on 9mm ammo (we found it for cheap so we couldn't resist!) and then came my wonderful surprise! Ty was in charge of planning our anniversary festivities and all I knew was that we were going to Heber. Lo and behold he took me horse back riding!!!!


I always was sad that I've never ridden a horse (except in a circle at the renaissance fair where there weren't saddles or anything) and if you know me, then you know I am a hugeeeeeee animal nut! I love dogs and cats and horses, and up until then I'd never gotten the full experience!
Amazingly enough Ty had been listening to all my hopes and dreams cause he scheduled a 1 hour riding session for us!



 I was suppeerrr excited when we pulled up and I figured out what we were doing! Luckily the snow wasn't nearly as bad in Heber but it was still dang cold! We each got a horse ( I got a mare named Didi since she is apparantly very docile) and Ty got a horse named Shilo who was a little bit of a trouble maker! And then there was the tour guide and their horse!
 Not gonna lie I was absolutely clueless about what to do! She had to teach me how to hold the reins even! But it was my first time so... understandable. Didi was a tad slow for most of it so we kept getting behind, but I didn't mind cause then I got to trot to catch up to the group (the guide said we probably wouldn't be trotting at all, but there I was showin some skills! haha)
 At the top we stopped to get our picture with the "red ledges" as they're called. The view was so beautiful! And it had just started snowing on us! The dog that came was their dog, and her job was to run ahead of the horses to make any animals get out of the way so the horses don't get spooked! Dream job for a dog haha

See all the pretty snow? It was beautiful then but were froze all the way back with the wind kicking in. I did get to do some more trotting as well and I was always quite proud of myself (even though the horse probably wasn't paying attention at all what I wanted but was just trying to catch up to the group) Still a wayyyy exciting experience and I loved every minute of it! (even the freezing ones)




Once we got back down the canyon we went for a nice dinner at our favorite fancy restaurant La Jolla Groves! It is beyonddd delicious and I love those fake lemon trees so much! seriously I'd go just for the decor but the food is definitely the best of any restaurant I've been to! It was soooo yummy!











 Then we headed home for dessert or in otherwords, my surprise number 2! Ty had somehow managed to get the EXACT same cake we had last year on our anniversary in the Grand America! We both thought it was the most delicious cake we'd ever eaten, and I'd barely mentioned how awesome it would be to get it again (even though we weren't planning on visiting the Grand America this year)

Ty went above and beyond! He called Grand America and had to track down the master chef that had made the cake (their bakery wasn't in charge of it) and then had to describe the cake to the chef. Amazingly enough the chef remembered this specific cake and made it for him, so Ty drove all the way up to SLC friday night to get it for me! He is amazing!

Anyways this cake is beyond fantastic! It's a white cake with cream layers and incased in like a while chocolate shell (which is why it's such a perfect little box) and with macaroons stuck to the side! So pretty and sooo good! Exactly like I remember it!

This was definitely our best anniversary yet, and I loved it! Great job Ty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park