Ok so I haven't posted in.... FOREVER!

So to quickly go over November....
School was tough but great
Thanksgiving was awesome! So glad my family could come! We had a great dinner at Kevin and Kori's, Ty and I babysat later that weekend, we also got a huge 50 in. plasma Panasonic t.v., a dvd player. and iphones on black friday. I guess we felt we were rich or something. Turned out to be a good thing, since they day my parents left, both Ty and I caught the stomach flu BAD! So bad I threw up for the first time in like 5 years (even though I've had the flu during those 5 years.) So not the best end to the greatest weekend of eating. But luckily we had an awesome big screen t.v. to keep us company.

Also during the month of November we hung with our friend Brandon and Nicole and tried snacks for possible healthy vending machine options ( their business in the making) and went to Trafalga where we climbed the rock wall, went go carting, and I played laser tag for the first time in my life... I hated it. Not a fan of getting my adrenaline up in that way... so ya.

 November was exciting! Here we are mastering the rock walls!

 December was soooo fantastic! And we started the season of just right by scoring two tickets to the 1st Presidency Christmas Devotional! I loved all of the talks, but as usual, President Uchdorfts was my favorite! I loved that he talked about the spirit of receiving as well as giving. And all 3 shared some great stories!

I also wore won of my beautiful new dresses Ty got me for Christmas... I know it's a bit early, but since I helped pick it out I simply couldn't resist!

 We also decided to be creative this season! Since a real tree would likely be expensive and too big and too messy for our small apartment, we wanted to get a fake tree.
But since those are also expensive and then we'd have to store it after, we didn't want that either.

Solution: Make your own! I saw this idea on Pinterest but Ty and I kinda made it our own. We got some boxes from Kneaders and Ty (being the brilliant engineer that he is) folded and cut them in the pyramids. Then we stacked them and put a rod down the center to hold them together, spray painted them green, wrapped lights from the dollar store around it, placed a red blanket underneath as a skirt, and put screws in each level to hang all of my childhood ornaments off of! The result was fabulous!
 We also got some beautiful Christmas window decals (I always love those) lit some amazing smelling Christmas candels (one that smells like Christmas trees, then sugar cookies, and an apple cinammon scented one), put out a few Christmas displays and hung our stockings that my mom made for us our first Christmas together.
 Here they are and since our big square in our t.v. stand is open we hung our stockings over it and lit candles behind them. Just like a diy fireplace. haha

Also in the month of December, I was devastated to learn that they are releasing us from the Primary. Lucky most of our kids were there that day so I could get some pictures. So sad,  because we had the best calling ever!!!
 Here's just a nostalgic picture of the kids drawing Christmas trees. I'm certainly going to miss the fun in Primary!
 That same Sunday we headed to Kneaders for the Christmas Party! I am officially quitted there now, but we were still invited so we went. We got delicious food! as well as got to participate in the White Elephant gift exchange thanks to a loving employee who let us borrow hers. We came out with a bag of giradelli chocolates! Yum! We also got a 25 dollar gift card to Best Buy from the employee rafle! Awesome
 They had an old Nintendo set up as well as Just Dance on another t.v. For the most part only girls were dancing, but we managed to get all the guys together to do one dance... to Britney Spears. haha They were so hilarious and I was amazed at hod good Ty was. He really got the whole body motions down!
So hilarious and fun!

And now we know what we want to spend our gift card on at Best Buy. haha
 Then.. it was finals week. Such a long, long, longggg week. and I had 7 in total! luckily I got one out of the way on the last week of school. This day was Monday. It snowed like crazy but I drove myself to school (well to liberty square to park) and then headed up on campus for the worst day EVER. I took my religion final first which I felt pretty prepared for. Wrong! I got a 63! Worst final grade of all my tests! So upset.
Then I took my ndfs 200 final which I felt like I was rockin alllll the way. I felt like I definitely had an A, WRONG: I got a 79. I was pretty heart broken about that.
THEN the exam that scared me the most of all exams!
PATHOPHYSIOLOGY. I felt like I was maybe sure about 10 questions out of all 100. and i was terriffed. But I walked out of that test with a 78 and rejoiced! Yay for getting a B!
 Tuesday was then my music final. The only other class I was actually worried about my grade in since I haven't been doing too well on those tests. So I spent allll day listening to the music I needed to recognize and studying. I ended up taking this picture of Ollie while listening to some relaxing stuff. Thought it was pretty funny. haha

Wednesday I had my substance abuse final... really wasn't too worried about it at all I'll be honest.

 Thursday I capped off my awful week with a 7 AM final, the last one! It was all written so I wasn't really sure how I did but I walked out feeling like a champ!

Also forgot to mention, my dad bought this green Honda civic and drove it up at Thanksgiving time. We really loved it and I thought this was funny seeing two of the exact same cars parked next to each other.
 I capped my week off by finishing up all of Ty's Christmas presents. I did 12 days of presents for my husband.

Day 1: one thing to tell the time ( I got him a really nice invicta divers watch with gold something he really wanted)
Day 2: 2 things to keep you warm (a coupon for a candle lit dinner for two)
Day 3: 3 you choose date ideas (Basically he gets to decide what we do for the night, and I get NO say)
Day 4: 4 seasons of us together ( I took a picture of us in each season and made our Christmas ornament for the year. It looked really nice)
Day 5: 5 manly movies ( the 3 Back to the Future movies, The Dark Knight rises, and the Avengers)
Day 6: 6 pieces of clothing to remember ( basically 3 pairs of garments since he REALLY needed some more)
Day 7: 7 free back massages (redeemable for back, neck, or full body with a minimum of 5 minutes on each coupon)
Day 8: 8 heart filled love songs ( I made an AWESOME cd about all the ways I feel about him and our relationship for him to listen to on the plan down to Yuma)
Day 9: 9 free you choose dinners (I make him whatever he wants!)
Day 10: 10 hot steamy make out sessions (We're working on intimacy in our marriage so this seemed fitting haha)
Day 11: 11 favorite cookies!
Day 12: the 12 things I love about you (I made a giant card that listed the 12 things I love most about him, he really loved it)

Here's a picture of all the stuff under the tree!
I used this idea since the whole week before Christmas I was in Arizona with my family without him (he had to work) so he got to open up an AWESOME present each day of the week he was without me!

We also went to Toucanos in SLC for Ty's friend's birthday and we ended up walking around to see all of the lights at Temple Square! 

 They were all soooo beautiful!

 And lastly to cap off my week before I headed to Yuma, we went to see the Hobbit on a hugeee screen at the Mega plex! It was awesome and I want to see it all over again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park