So then started my adventure to Yuma. I drove down pretty much by myself. I had Ollie and another girl from BYU who rode along silently with me... but pretty lonely. It was crappy weather but I rocked it in like 10 hours. FUN saturday let me tell ya

I took this picture to mark my first night since marriage (almost 2 years) that I've slept in a bed all by my lonesome. Not a fan.
 The trip was a ton of fun! On Monday I helped Jen finish up the last of her homeschool work... that's what these faces were for.

And the we washed the cars. It was so pleasant outside and we were soaked from the hose, we thought why not jump in the pool... It's bound to be about the same temperature... So we did. First Lauri did a dive, then the Jen.


They dove in, and then hopped right back out!


She was swimming for her life to get out! 







Then it was my turn....

 The water was FREEZING (coldest water I've ever gotten into) + I didn't want to get my hair wet + I couldn't dive even if I wanted to = I lowered myself in like this.


Within second my legs went numb but I stayed in trying to get Ollie to hop in. He just ran around the pool barking at me. haha So I got out
 We then sat in the sun and dried off. Still very very pleasant outside!
 Here's a picture of Ollie living the dream! He had a great big yard to run around in and grass to roll in and sunshine to lay in! He was one happy dog during the day!
 Come night time was a different story... It cooled off like crazy at night time and a few days into our trip Ollie started howling and barking like crazy outside because he wanted to come inside. One of the times we showed him this fake little dog that moves and walks and he quit barking for like 10 minutes to look at it... it was hilarious! 


 Low and behold, my mom took pity on him since it was cold outside, so he got to come in and be leashed to the stair banisters on the tile. But man was he happy he wasn't stuck outside until bedtime.

Bedtime by the way, meant he was put out in his kennel with his bed where he had his very own area heater in the garage. This dog was spoiled!



 During the day my mom and I did a ton of shopping for groceries, clothes, Christmas presents etc.. And one of the days she took the girls and me to get our toe nails painted! We all got really amazing snow flakes on our toes (except my mom who got another design since she was across the way).

It amazed me how much of a teenager Lauri is becoming! She loves One Directions, sleeps in until 11, is getting her toe nails painted, and my mom and I took her bra shopping for the first time!!
Incredible! but so fun to see her grow !



I gotta tell you I lovee Yuma and the quirky cars people drive around. We saw this on the road and decided it's my dream car.


Yes.. I really want a Ford Cruck... just like this one. haha

The Friday before Christmas I picked Ty up from the airport so he could join us in our watching of Holiday Hallmark movies, shopping, and best of all EATING.



 On Christmas Eve my dad took us all shooting! It was pleasant and sunny outside and the girls had so much fun!

Jen is shooting the 22 rifle and Lauri is shooting the 22 hand gun. They flipflopped between these two guns for the majority of the time.
 The Jen looked so cute and small out there holding here little hand gun. But she did a good job, and would've down even better if the targets hadn't been placed so far away.

Heck maybe I would've done better too.. haha
 Neither of them liked the rifle all too much so I got a lot of shots out of it. Here I am loading her up!



Posing for a picture, and keep in mind we are all handling REAL guns. haha

Jen and me both with 22s and Ty has a 357 pistol. 




Getting ready to fire on the firing range. 



 The firing squad! Lauri is shooting just the 22 pistol, I'm shooting my favorite gun of the day, a 357 rifle (so accurate and awesome), and my dad is handling the big gun: the 44 magnum.

I only shot like 3 rounds off with the magnum before my hands were done. The kickback was awful and I didn't hit one thing. haha

The 357 rifle wasn't automatic at all, so I'm locking and loading for another shot! 


I love Christmas in YUMA! SO warm! 



  And for some reason the Jen decided to do a dance. haha she looked so cute though!
All in all it was one of the best Christmases so far and we had a blast with my family! Not too mention scored in all sorts of awesome gifts I wish I'd taken pictures of!
From Santa we got: 
1. I got 2 really pretty maxi skirts
2. a pair of tennis shoes and blue pair of TOMS
3. our anual receiving of SOCKS
4. The first Sherlock Holmes movie
5. new ear buds
6. Ty got a really cool pair of Quick silver swimming trunks
7. Ty also got a cool pair of reef flip flops
8. a new iphone case 
9. a bingo set to practice for our cruise! haha
10. lotsss of candy!
11. nerf guns!
12. my personal favorie Ellen's Holey Cows! They shoot foam
balls out of their mouths pretty far!
Ty and I are so ready to battle!
13. soda scented lip balm haha
So many cool things from Santa!
In addition I got a scarf set from the girls, a heart rate monitor and push up set from Aunt Shelly and Chad,  some funny flip flop slippers from Aunt Lisa, a couple gift cards, and etc...

On Christmas Day we opened all our presents, played some board games, watched 2 of the movies Santa brought: Man on a ledge, and Men in black III, and enjoyed my ALL TIME FAVORITE FEAST OF THE YEAR. Yes I like Christmas dinner about 10 times as much as Thanksgiving! I love the huney glazed ham, sweet potato casserole, cheesy potatoes, rolls, and CHRISTMAS SALAD! Everything was so delicious and yummy!

Unfortunately the day after Christmas we had to drive home for Ty to go back to work Thursday. So we headed home bright and early and hit all sorts of terrible weather (blizzards) all the way from St. George to Nephi. Honestly glad I was driving because once again I rocked it! Even though Ty kept yelling at me for going to fast (even though when he drove later he realized that I-15 really wasn't THAT bad and we were fine haha) Long hard trip, but I'm glad we made it home safely.

Thought let's be honest, this snow makes me wish I stayed in Yuma longer even more. haha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park