Well in recent news my family left and headed back to Texas after a whopping 3 week + vacation. On their last night (Friday) I took a long lunch so I could go with them to pick up Lauri from EFY. She'd been staying in Taylor Hall part of Helaman Halls. We got there a bit early so while we waited Jordan and I took a trip down memory lane. First stop? Our beloved vending machines. We went to THE Hinckley Hall where we lived and hugged THE vending machines that sustained us our entire Freshman Year.. Honestly I ate more stuff out of these vending machines than just about any where else.. and don't get me started on the Chocolate milk. We reminisced about sneaking down in our pajamas to buy pizza rolls which we then cooked in the same microwave that lives there today!

Then we walked down our hall and stopped in front of our dorm room door. It's crazy to think that it's been 4+ years since we lived here but everything seems long ago.. or in some ways like it was just yesterday. It's almost surreal thinking about my freshman year and the person I was vs. the person I am today. I WAS a lovestruck barely out of highschool in love with an engineer almost 5 years older than me. I wasn't sure then what all I was passionate about, what I cared really about, or what I wanted to do with my life who was dependent on parents/fiance/ cousin to figure out who I was.
I AM NOW a 23 year old making my own way in life completely, traveling the world, discovering new friends on my own, in a big girl job that pays the bills and genuinely interests me in a field I never suspected I would enjoy.

The experiences don't seem that long ago but that person seems forever ago. Incredible to think about my journey through school and since. I haven't regretted any of my choices as I suspect they shaped me into a person (not to toot my own horn) I'm very proud of.

Anyways trip down memory lane concluded and family back in Texas. I'm ready to get back to work and start my own travels again soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park