So The past few weeks haven't been eventful enough for me to take pictures but I have done a few things exciting.

Braden took me on a date to see Into the Woods at Timpanogos High School. (I think he had more fun just showing me around his high school then anything) I was pretty impressed with the scenes and props. It was certainly much more of a production than the one I was in. The singers all did pretty well even though the mics faded in and out a lot. And they did ACT 2! So it was very long! (Personally I'm glad we only did Act 1) All in all pretty great date night!


 And this past Friday I just finally accomplished my goal of hiking Pride Rock (Squaw Peak) Jordan and I have dreamed of hiking up there since we were little 16 year olds at EFY and had no clue you could actually get up there. WELL MY FRIENDS, almost 5 years later I did it! And boy was it harder than I thought it would be. I actually will compare it to hiking Timpanogos. It's hard my friends!

 And the most impressive part? Both of my boys did it! I'm so impressed with Monty! For being a little dog, he sure is a mountaineering one. He hiked almost the whole 7 miles with about 3,000 ft. elevation gain all by himself! I maybe carried him 1/2 mile altogether and usually it was out of my own concern for him rather than him needing it.
 Needless to say this started off as my a great hike but by the time we got to the top, I've never been so tired of hiking in my life. There was a woodsy part that seemed to go on forever and then once you clear that you swear you only have 2 more minutes... more like 45 minutes. And there was still some snow and lots of mud! It was a little rough. haha

 But the views were fantastic! 360 degrees and probably one of the best views of Mount Timp I think. Not to mention an unobstructed view of the range behind me which you otherwise never see.


I was pretty dang proud of my boys!
 Behold below. Mount Timp and a really incredible view of Provo Canyon. It looks so different looking down on it and with it all green.. it was definitely worth taking a few shots.

In addition looking down on Rock Canyon is worth it as well. Those rock layers are incredible... Wishing I knew more about geology.

 In the beginning we did have some fun on the main rock canyon trail however. At a certain point you start walking by a creek with lovely little waterfalls and every once in a while a cave. My boys loved it (they love creeks but hate baths?) and good thing since I ran out of water at the top for all 3 of us so I'm glad they could fill up here.
For quite a while we picked our way along the creek trying to keep our shoes dry while my dogs just plunged right along. It was really quite peaceful and while I'm not willing to go to the top all that often, I'm certainly up for going to the campground.

 Springtime is here and the colors are beautiful! All of the glorious greens and yellows! It was stunning and while this was a rough day, I'm so ready to get hiking again!
In addition other big stories (unaccompanied by pictures I'm afraid) My friend Courtney Sanders got married and I attender her reception which was beautiful! And we had a bridal shower for Jordan before she headed East to get ready for her wedding. (at the chocolate!!!) Those kazookies are just way to yummy! And lastly for now: we didn't have a book group meetings for April but we are reading a SCI-FI/ Fantasy book for May so we better get on that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

100 Hike Challenge