Ok So here is the Memorial Day Blog Post! This year was a blast! And I sure did appreciate my first paid Holiday of the year! (I haven't taken a single day off yet this year! Saving up for all those trips coming up) So I spent the day mostly with Braden! First I definitely enjoyed sleeping in a bit and then I hit the gym. Did a little bit of cycling and a little bit of chest with Braden after. Then we grabbed our stuff and headed to Seven Peaks. Plus his little brother Colton came with us. We got there about 11 and amazingly it really wasn't too busy. None of us had tubes unfortunately but we rode like the 3 good slides that you can ride without tubes. I won the racing slide EVERY. TIME. Undefeated :) haha Good technique I think...
 After that we stopped by a couple stores. Sprouts was having a killer deal on cantaloupes and watermelon so I got some of those then to Smiths to get a few more items.
At home I started some drinks cooling and cut up the watermelon and took an hour nap.

Later around 5, we picked up Jeremy, Braden's bud who graciously sat in the back seat with Ollie constantly trying to join him from the trunk, and headed up the canyon to Big Springs. It's a beautiful park and way wayyy up past Vivian Park (which was INSANE) It was busy at Big Springs but not nearly as bad so we set up camp... but unfortunately no fires allowed...
 Well we made do, with the grill( meaning we built a fire to roast hot dogs on the grill over) It took a little while due to the wind and not really having much fire starter... So I pretty much ate all the watermelon and dorritos but we got there!
 It stayed a pretty small fire but we successfuly roasted 3 rounds of 3 hot dogs over it. And they tasted delicious! (way better than boiling which I was beginnig to fear we'd have to do haha)
 Monty was pretty patient. He had a longer leash so he wandered all over the little picnic area we were at and Ollie waited patiently for hotdogs.. which he did not get haha but I did share some extra buns with both of them.

Below is a picture of our fire at its finest. Double decker and everything :P
 Once we got back from the canyon, we went for a little walk around the neighborhoods and even explored a new one. Turns out they're building some new homes and I tried to tempt Braden with walking through the ones under construction (I get that from my family) but had to settle with peering in the windows of the Model Home. haha I think he was still maybe a little embarrassed to be seen with me. We got back, watched an episode of chuck and enjoyed some good ol' fashion S'mores Dip we had made for date night on Friday.

In other news this weekend was great all around! Friday, we branched out and made some sweet potato baked donuts (interesting but not bad) and some S'mores dip which is Heaven! Seriously I never need to make s'mores again. And Saturday night we went to see X-men Days of Future Past with some friends from the gym. Braden thought it was decent but I really loved it! Then again I like pretty much all the X-men movies, especially First Class. So it definitely played right into my favor. And Sunday evening we had fun going through some of my year books and all of my baby albums. It was cool talking about our different childhoods and looking at pictures of how cute I was as a little kid. haha He especially loved the pictures of the family he knows already like Lisa, Jordan, Tiffany, and Uncle Kevin. haha there's some classy stuff in there. Fun weekend though for sure!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park