It's been quite the eventful couple of weeks. Last week I decided to try a hike I'd only gone on once on a date... bad idea. When I finally found the trailhead I started it backwards from what I remembered which led to all sorts of other problems.




To the left: for some reason Monty likes to ride up on the top of the back seat. He often falls into the trunk and has to hop back up front but it always makes me laugh to see him balancing up there.
 We started the trail and at the beginning there's all these really nice creek crossings. Monty was already tiring out and Ollie I could tell was really hot so I set them lose in the stream for a little. They really loved it, but then I ended up carrying Monty so I was covered in wet dirt the rest of the trip. haha



 Ollie I let off the leash so I could handle monty better. I figured Ollie is smart enough to get off the trail if a mountain biker came by where as monty... not so much. haha I love this trail!
 As I kept walking I started noticing a lot of unmarked biking trails leading off the trail and soon realized I wasn't sure which one to take to finish the loop I was on. Long story short... I picked the wrong one and my 3 mile loop hike turned into at least a 6 mile one.
 Still smiling but by this point I was running out of water and very hot since I started at 1 in the afternoon. Both of my boys were about done with me cause even Ollie tried to climb up in my arms to be carried. (must've been a little jealous of monty being carried the whole time) haha
 Ollie resting in the shade... He was sure tired out after this.


 A couple panoramas of the sweeping valley and meadows you walk through. It's so beautiful and definitely my favorite hike if I don't get lost! Luckily one of the trails eventually brought me back to the main road so I just had to walk a ways back to the park I started at and where I left my car. A little scary but still fun! I love taking my boys for adventures like this :]
 I also had the great opportunity to participate in a research study at BYU. It was on ankle stability so they measured the flexibility of both my ankles and then tested my right one (the more loose one as well as the more injured one) And they put electrodes on all my major muscles in my leg so they could see when they were activated as I moved. Then put the camera markers all over my joints so the cameras around the room would trace my movements. Then I did some lateral jumps and just walking normal to see how my joints moved in conjunction to my ankles and how the muscles fired. It was pretty dang cool and I made an easy 25 bucks in an hour and a half... so I won't complain. haha
 For the fourth of july I worked in the morning running a little cinnamon roll/ orange juice stand for kneaders as people walked to see the parade or balloon festival. I think I did pretty well since I sold 40, basically 2 whole pans of cinnamon rolls and it was very relaxed so I didnt mind. :]

Then I walked over to the freedom festival and got a henna tattoo on my hand! I always wanted one and I was pretty excited about the one I picked out :]

After that I went to a lunch/ bbq with my friend Sky and his family. Just lots of chilling and chatting the afternoon away and sending off a few little fireworks which was really fun :]
Then a super yummy dinner of steaks. Thanks Sky's family for feeding me so well! haha

 Then we headed to Provo to let my pups out and then up near the stadium to watch the fireworks from the back of his truck. We had an awesome spot as there were 3 groups around us shooting off HUGE fireworks (mostly illegal probably) and then close enough to see the stadium of fires' show! It was the best :]
Also I have been job fluctuating a ton lately. I put in my two weeks at golds gym because I was tired of being there front desk person, so then they just transfered me to personal training. So I'm officially a personal trainer!!! ha take that anytime fitness! :D I was pretty stoked and I actually have my first client even if she isn't through golds! I'm trading training for eye lash extensions. :] good deal. haha

Then I started a job a call center in Draper which I was thinking of doing full time and cutting my hours at kneaders, and then I just got another job working for the company Aribex which makes handheld x-ray machines. I'll be doing customer support for 13$ hour with full benefits! I'm so excited to get started on that! Kneaders, it's been a great run but I'm thrilled to have a higher paying job! haha life is so good right now :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park