So can you guess what I dressed up as for Halloween? Maleficent! One of my favorite Disney movies in a long time I've seen it twice in theaters! (Well both times in the dollar theater. haha) I think my costume turned out awesome considering how resourceful I was and the fact that I won both of my work parties costume contests! Woot Woot!

That long black dress was actually my choir dress from senior year in high school. (so glad I keep hanging onto it) and my staff I made is a wooden rod that I had sitting around the house from my married days ( I think Tyler used it for some engineering project) which I painted brown and then a tennis ball covered in black duct tape and taped to the top of the staff. AND best part? A picture of the crow from the original Sleeping Beauty which I printed and taped to the top and it lasted super well standing up! The only thing I had to buy is the head dress which I admit I did splurge a bit on... It cost like $25 but it was by far the best one I found so I went for it :)
 To accompany me are my two little dragon dogs. Petsmart was having a sale on dog costumes so I couldn't resist (I mean there is a dragon in both movies) Monty's costume is a bit large so it hangs to the side but it's this adorable shiny red (almost demon-like) costume with black sparkling wings horns and tail. I love it on him though! And Ollie's got a black furry costume with purple sparkly details on the wings and back and the hood (which alas doesn't fit him) has a purple tuft of hair and monster eyes and teeth! I love these two little pups!
And one for the road me showing off my staff and my worst serious face I could muster!

For Halloween I dressed up the Thursday before for Aribex (Yay!) and on Sunday for a Kneaders Party (Also YAY!) However on actual Halloween I did not dress up.. I know right? I did go to a pretty laid back party to get out of the house but for the most part I enjoyed my first non-Sunday day off in well over a month. Congrats to me for finishing my overtime project!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

NYC posts- Brooklyn & Central Park