So since we've been home a month and I haven't posted anything I thought it might be a good idea to catch every one up on January!. So here goes...

> Me on my first day of class in my last semester! So excited! Oh and I have bangs again! haha

This semester seems like it's going to be easy peesey! I've only got 5 classes (12 credits) and a 4 credit internship!
First up: International nutrition where we learn about all the diseases plaguing developing worlds mostly. Oh and I get to write a dietary intervention for a family in Malawi... who I will discuss in a future post, because let's face it... coolest project ever!
Second: Worksite health promotion: quite possibly the most difficult of all my classes, but something interesting as I might want to do corporate wellness. Well we will see how it goes.
Third: Exercise Science Philosophical and ethical issues. Basically represents my last religion class because we tend to talk about that the most. But it seems interesting, it's only 1 credit, and hey it ends the last week of February!
Fourth: Stress management. Surprisingly I've hear it's stressful, but thus far I've found it pretty dang easy. Not a whole lot of projects.
Fifth: A cooking class. Yes the only fun class I've really taken, and it's gonna be a blast! I love the recipes thus far! The first lab my group made pineapple muffins which were sooo good! Here's a picture of them! In the same lab another group made oatmeal, chocolate chip bean cookies made

 white beans instead of butter! They were amazing and so much healthier! Also we had some bran muffins, cranberry muffins, ginger cookes, and cherry tarts!




 The second lab all kitchen made a full meal! We made a delicious vegetarian, pasta bean soup, a broccoli salad that I actually REALLY liked, and corn muffins, and all surprised me at how delicious they were!






Here's some funny pictures from January:

We had a field day while waiting for a table at Outback. We tried on like a gazillion masks at Pier 41 of all places. haha 



These 2 shown were my favorite masks of the bunch!


 Cool mermaid like mask!















 New Years Eve we celebrated at home! by ourselves... not super exciting but entertaining none the less. We watched the movie Dark shadows, went for a beautiful walk in the glimmering snow, and of course.. we had our martinellis! Best drink ever!
 Cheers!
 















New Years Day we made delicious crepes for breakfast! And
then cuddled on the couch! All 3 of us... haha I love Ollie's head peaking into the picture!
Then we made our new years goals! They included mostly obvious but some weird ones as well.
- Find a way to serve each other once a day
- Exercise once a day (even on those weeks I don't feel good)
- Learn to cook some more haha
- Make a budget and actually follow it
- Take Ollie out to the bathroom more ( I always feel bad for how long he holds it)
- Train Ollie better (try and make him off leash)
- etc...

We then spent the whole rest of the day watching all 4 Shrek movies. Why you might ask? I don't know the idea just came to us and so that's what we did.
haha I love those movies so much!

I started my internship at Anytime Fitness in Springville. For the month of January and part of February I'm just working on gym administration and selling gym memberships. Kinda sucks, since I can't get paid with that, but hopefully I will move to training soon...

since Training is what I want experience the most with...
 Right before I started I officially got my personal training certification! Sooo excited!
 Ollie and I were freezing in our apartment for a couple days there. The temperature was in the negatives, and since our heater doesn't really work, we rely on neighbors heating their apartments... however they didn't really. I swear it was like 40 degrees in there and ollie was so cute all curled up under the blanket one day I had to take a pic!
 This month we have also been marathon movie crazy! We have watched all 3 Back to the Futures (since I got them for Ty for Christmas) and we watched The hobbit again followed by all 3 Lord of the Rings.


On the last day of our Lord of the Rings marathon, Kirsten Skankey came over and we celebrated by making homemade cinnamon sugar soft pretzels! They were so yummy!

 One of the many days it has snowed here the snow was composed of huge sticky snow flakes! And they looked so pretty sticking to everything so I got a close up!
 Ahh one of the days I walked to school. SO much snow! And so cold!
 One sunday we thought it would be good to make our annual trip to Bridal Veil Falls in the cold! Usually we like it because the path is iced over and it's so fun to hold hands and slide our way up the path... Not this time though the snow on the path was way deep, and man I was beyond coooolddd! Definitely needed thicker gloves, ear muffs, and a thicker coat.


I was frozen, and awesomely enough when we got ready to leave our mazda was stuck! Ty tried pushing it out by himself but wasn't really working. Luckily there were a lot of snow hikers around that came and helped out! Thank you strangers!
Here's just another picture of Ollie cuddling up by my legs. He would just curl up behind my bent knees.



Ahh well January is over. Only 3 and half more months and I'll be done with college! Here's to the countdown!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Thunder Stock Car Races

Fall Carbon County ATV ride

100 Hike Challenge